Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Why I chose the Psychoanalytical lens

Psychoanalytical lens interested me more than others because I love reading about people’s internal thoughts. Some of my previous experience with this lens is that I have taken a psychology college course over the summer. I learned a lot about the subconscious mind and how internal thoughts can be subjective meaning that facts are objective, but people’s opinions towards topics can be subjective. It can be very interesting in a book like Beloved reading about personal perspectives like from Sethe’s point of view and figuring out why is it the way she thinks at her standpoint and how she deals with her past and learning more about her mental state throughout the book. I believe that perceiving and learning through a psychoanalytic lens outlook in the world can be helpful in better understanding people. Something I am hoping to get out of this topic is to learn a new perspective on slavery since slavery is a most neglected topic in America, so therefore I do not know a lot of truths of slavery since my prior knowledge on slavery is minuscule.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the diction you used throughout this introduction to your blog! I feel like I understand the psychoanalytical perspective a little bit better in the context of the book and what you are aiming to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the diction you used throughout this introduction to your blog! I feel like I understand the psychoanalytical perspective a little bit better in the context of the book and what you are aiming to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete