Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Why Psychoanalytic

Hanna Bobrowicz, October 20th 2015

                          Psychoanalytic Lens 

                           
Our world is over analyzed. People's actions and thoughts are consistently being observed and dissected. We are constantly mining the past for answers. No matter the effect we put forth, not once in our lives do humans truly experience someone else's internal thoughts. In novels, texts are interpreted and analyzed through multiple lenses in order to discover a deeper meaning.  The psychoanalytical lens analyzes characters multiple desires and intentions. This lens can relate to almost all other lenses, which is why it is so intriguing. For instance, a character's intent can be due to the historical era that the character lives in. As an avid reader and lover of stories, I often find myself questioning the desires of characters. I have decided to read Beloved, by Toni Morrison, through the psychoanalytical lens in the hopes that I will bring a deeper understanding of character analysis to both myself and readers of my blog. Beloved, follows a mother’s attempt to forgive herself for actions she commit in the past. It examines, the sacrifices that one makes in extreme conditions. Ultimately, this story is about our subconscious unwilling to relent us of the atrocity that was slavery.  

What I am watching-Watch the link for the movie trailer below!
Beloved 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment